Wednesday, December 16, 2009

3 weeks later

OK, so I am a little behind. I have been taking the pictures. But it has taken me forever to get them loaded on my computer. After that I have to burn them to a disc so that I can put them on mom's computer. (mine is not hooked up the DSL- I think I still need to get a "airport card" {or something like that} for the mac) anyway...

We had a couple of weeks were there was no rain, just freaking cold here.

Here you can see that the roof is being put back on.

This was coming up the stairs and looking at the back of the house. Again, very freaking cold!
Still the back of the house.
Another view:

Taken a different day: I did not post all pictures that I have taken, as some of them look the same.
From this view you can see were the old skylight was. It is being moved.
Different day:
Things are being closed in:


This is along the back. The opening you see at the left will become a window.
Outside view: That is a duplex that is next door to my house. As you can see it's very close. So close that If they leave their front door open I can hear them having phone conversations from my room. Don't let the sunshine fool you, it was still cold! After this section was closed in, I finally turned on the heat.

Another day:
The inside walls are starting to go up. This is not a very good picture of the inside wall. You only see a little bit, in on the left side.

The closet


This is were the old skylight was closed off.

Will become the window at the top of the stairs.
The outside wall is now covered to protect the house. There are workers under that tarp. The siding is being taken off. The top floor has to be strapped down (I don't know how to phrase it) to the lower part of the house. Has to do with some sort code for earthquakes.

This is my nice new soaking tub! For those that don't know, we took out the tub in the first floor bathroom. All we have is a shower. Sometimes a girl just wants to soak and read a good book!

Not a great picture, but the tub will go here. The toilet will be behind that wall in the middle of the bathroom.
Well that is all for now. They are working on taking apart the roof/walls in the front section now. There will be 2 dormers going up. The stairs will also be taken apart soon. That will hinder some of my photo taking, as I am not going up a ladder! I think 2 step ladders are to high from the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment